What is it?
Advanced Presentation Skills shows you how to be an exceptional presenter and addresses those areas of communication that we know leaders commonly struggle with. How we communicate directly affects how good we are at our job and how good other people believe us to be at our job. Poor or inadequate communication skills limit our potential, both in terms of how effective we are and our career progression and yet, the ability to communicate with real impact is a skill that can be learnt and developed.
This is a 2 day programme. Day 1 takes you through the steps to become an exceptional and impactful presenter. You will cover:
- Defining your goals – What do you want to achieve?
- Tailoring techniques, opening and closing techniques and dealing with questions.
- Controlling the room and environment to achieve maximum impact.
- Preparation and practice techniques.
- Body language and dealing with nerves and their physical manifestation.
- Injecting energy, enthusiasm and passion, the use of storytelling and moving your audience to action.
- Presentation practice with feedback.
Day 2 addresses the specific communication capabilities required to be a highly effective leader:
- Negotiation techniques; learning how to communicate a clear message and gain buy-in from your audience.
- Influencing styles; achieving a win/win outcome.
- Coaching techniques for handling difficult conversations.
- How to give and receive positive and constructive feedback.
- Active listening techniques; letting your audience know you’ve heard and understood them.
What are the benefits?
Quite simply, you will be better at your job and others will see this too.
- You will have greater confidence in handling difficult conversations, presenting to an audience of any size, holding your team to account, saying ‘no’ when required and selling your ideas.
- You will have specific skills to manage and control nerves.
- You will be a more engaging communicator and therefore will draw greater understanding and buy-in from your audience, whether that be 1 person, or 1000.
- Your communications will have structure, a clear goal and direction.
- You will achieve positive win/win outcomes more often.
- Your career prospects will improve, as you become recognized as a highly effective leader and engaging presenter.
- Your meetings will be more productive.
What does it cost?
The 2 day Advanced Presentation Skills Programme is run in-house, at your premises. If you prefer, an alternative venue can easily be arranged. The cost of the programme is £4000 (+VAT) for up to 12 people and includes all course materials. (Please note that numbers are limited to allow enough time for every delegate to practice their skills, take part in the exercises and receive feedback.)
I’m interested, what should I do now?